RAMAS® Multispecies Assessment is a conservation planning tool that intelligently combines status of viability information across multiple species to deliver geographically explicit habitat conservation values. Input what you know about population status, habitat requirements, and threats. The tool is flexible to fit your data: you can use as little data for each species as a location map and its listed status. If you have more data, build detailed habitat and metapopulation models. Taken to its full potential, Mutispecies delivers quantitative conservation guidance without the use of rules of thumb, providing a valuable counterpart to rules-based conservation planning tools.
Use RAMAS® Multispecies Assessment to
- link your GIS to an ecological model,
- use landscape data in your population viability analysis,
- incorporate changes in habitat into a metapopulation model,
- combine geographic and demographic data for risk assessment, and
- compute the Multispecies Conservation Values (MCV) across your study site.